Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Arrrgggghhhh

I had to go into work at 5:30 this morning, (which totally sucked) and mike called me around 7:30 saying that he was sick. So, he stayed home today from work due to the stomach flu. I hope that I don't get it. Knock on wood.

The job hunt has begun. I brought in my application to Timeless photo and spoke with the manager there. She said that they weren't hiring at the moment but that she was impressed with me and that she wanted us to keep in touch. So, that went ok. I was kind of bummed that they aren't hiring now, but at least she liked me and hopfully I will be her first choice when something does come up. I also had an interview with Idaho Camera. First of all may I say that the probably fifty something guy that spoke with me was still living in the 80's. Then he made some really stupid wisecrack about how we were enemies because I went to Borah and he went to Boise. I mean seriously dude, get over it. High school was like a million years ago, for him at least. But technically I just don't think I would like the job. It is part time from 1030 to 230 so right in the middle of the day. Which makes it hard to find another part time job. Also it would be almost a three dollar pay cut. and it sounded like all I would be doing is developing film all day. Mike said that I could find something better. So, I don't think I will take that job. Plus they said that I would have to take out my nose peircing and cover my tattoos. I just don't know if I could handle that kind of oppression.
So the search continues. If anyone knows of anything please send it my way.
Brook I am 100 pages into the Daliah, I should be done by Saturday so hold out on the movie until then. Sweet dude.
I have to work again at 530 tomorrow. I hope I don't freak out and start throwing loaves of bread at customers or something.
Wish me luck all.

2 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

Don't take out your frustration on the poor people who are just trying to buy bread! Sorry that work sucks. I will send good energy your way so hopefully the perfect job with manifest itself for you. I think there is more out there for you than developing film....although it could be entertaining to see what people take pictures of. Besides, does anyone really take print photography anymore???

That book (The Black Dahlia) looks really creepy from the movie previews. I think I will have to pass on this one.

BrookandDBeckham said...

Sweet. I am almost done with my book too. We will have to see that and the Last Kiss.

Brook