Ok, so I will oblige Amber also....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I find something impersonal about gift bags. Also, I am the kind of person who enjoys wrapping gifts and seeing how pretty I can make them, and how funny too. But to each his own.
2. Real tree or artificial?
I have never had a real tree before so I don't have any other choice than to say artificial. I am sure their are pros and cons to both though. I would like to try a real tree someday though.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The day after Thanksgiving. I get very excited!
4. When do you take the tree down?
I try to keep it up until Newyears but for the past two years Mike has taken it down the day after Christmas un-beknownst to me. Scrooge :(
5. Do you like eggnog ?
NO! I have tried it and literally gagged. Gross and disgusting stuff.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't know. I do remember playing with my My Child dolls alot. So I will go with that.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, nativities are really not my thing.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Inlaws. ( I know that it isn't a "person" but whatever)
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Any of my family members. I guess I know them all well enough that I can at least guess what they would like. Plus they always give lists.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. I think that emailing Christmas cards is just too impersonal, unless you are out of the country where it would cost a ton to mail out a lot of cards. Sending out cards is something I get really excited about and then end up never doing once I realize that stamps are like 58 cents each and when you send to about 100 people it gets a little pricey. Enough of me rambling on about the price of the postal system.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I think Amber takes the cake on this one. When I was little I had a thing for gorillas. I thought that they were very cool and liked stuffed gorilla animals. Well, one Christmas Grandma Thurston thought that she was contributing to my gorilla phase. I got a stuffed animal. But not a gorilla, a chimpanzee that was huge. All I thought was, at least they are both primates.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story with Ralphie or Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
They day after Thanksgiving but only if my budget permits.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Who are you talking to? Of course... I mean, of course not.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Homemade Frosted Sugar Cookies and pie. Not together though.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear lights only.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I really don't like Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home. That is where I am luckey to have my family and Mike's family so close to eachother.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Thanks to Amber I can. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Only a Star! I wouldn't even consider anything else!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas eve you can open one present and it is always new pajamas to wear to bed for Christmas morning. Everything else must wait until Christmas!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Traffic. Enough said.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like red and silver ornaments.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
Turkey, Homemade rolls and Homemade cherry or pumpkin pie with real whip cream!
26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
An Ipod. that is all I asked for and I probably wont get it. But not a big deal. Christmas is not about receiving presents.
Merry Christmas everyone!!