Quote of the day:
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick
Ok, I have been getting enough grief from everyone about my blog not being updated so I am FINALLY updating it so people will stop complaining. :)
Part of the reason why I haven't updated in so long is that for awhile, Mike and I didn't have a secure Internet connection and then when we did get one the cable only allowed us to plug our laptop in at a certain position in the living room. You have to set the computer on a kitchen chair and then sit on the floor to use it. Not very comfortable. We have yet to get the connection routed to the upstairs office so I have to update at my parents for now. Not an excuse though, I know.
Let's see recently what has happened.... Let's start with work.
I was hired full time with Keynetics took all three of my "Milestone" classes. The last one was the hardest it was about 2 weeks of classes daily for about an hour a day. Then about another 2 weeks of just studying. The test consisted of two parts, the first being over the website and our edit pad responses. The second being over how every part of the company works together to make our business a successful one. Needless to say it was a ton of information to learn, and kind of complicated at times. Especially because it is information that I don't work with on a daily basis. My boss told me that No One passes these tests on the first try, so not to worry if I had to take it two or three times. Well I rock, and DID pass both tests on the first time!!! YAY for me! My boss sent out a mass email to all of the supervisors in the company saying that I was "her shooting star" and that I passed Milestone 3 on the first try and how proud she was of me. I felt very good and am now eligible for promotion when new positions become available. (not to mention the nice raise and bonus I received) Mike was very proud of me. I feel very fortunate to have landed such a cool job that I enjoy going to everyday. I never would have thought that I would be happy in an office job, but here I am.
On other news.... My house is haunted by a very nice entity.
So this is what happened. Mike had been telling me for quite some time that in the mornings after I leave for work he will hear noises, or items will be misplaced in the house. I kept telling him that he was imagining it or that it was our neighbors making noise, etc.
So a few Monday's ago I took the day off to get some things around the house done. It was a typical morning. I woke up, rolled out of bed, put the nearest thing on that I could find, jumped in the car heading for Starbucks. After I had my morning dose of caffeine I took a shower and was getting ready for the day. I was blowing my hair dry when I heard a noise. It was about 10:30, I thought, oh my neighbor is home making noise.
So I continue with my getting ready and I heard it again. I thought, wow that is really loud, kind of sounds like it is in the house. So I went downstairs didn't see anything unusual, go back upstairs to put some clothes on and in the bedroom all of my old books that my dad had given me were off the bookshelf scattered all around the room. It was weird for three reasons.
Reason #1, not all of the books had fallen off the bookshelf just the old ones from my dad, which weren't placed together on the bookshelf they kind of were just shoved where ever they would fit.
Reason #2, they weren't just in a pile on the floor at the foot of the bookshelf, they were all over the room, on the bed, under the bed, in the closet, everywhere.
Reason #3, only Oliver Twist was left on the shelf.
So I think, weird, and just put them back where they were on the shelf and didn't think anything else of it. I gathered up my laundry went downstairs to start a load, went back upstairs to change the sheets on the bed and they were all scattered around again. Same deal, just the old books, and just Oliver Twist was left on the shelf.
So I decided to test my new found friend. I put the books back, all laying flat stacked on top of each other with Oliver Twist in the middle of that stack. Thinking that I had either A. fooled my new friend or B. was totally imagining things.
All I did was turn my back and I hear a crash. I turn around and same thing. All the old books on the floor, Oliver Twist standing vertically on the bookshelf. So I said, out loud mind you, Ok, I will read Oliver Twist if you like. Then I put all the books back on the shelf, except Oliver Twist and that was the end of it.
I didn't ever get a weird uneasy feeling. I actually was just more irritated that I had to keep picking up the mess than anything. But needless to say that I did start the book and haven't heard from my new friend since. But I do feel that who ever or what ever it is, it isn't out to get me. A really crazy experience though, although not my first run in with the paranormal.
Ok guys that is all for now. I promise that I will keep it going and not slack off again. (At least not as bad as not updating for 3 months)
Word.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is a CRAZY story about your ghost! I would be so creeped out! Good thing it happened to a mellow person like you instead of someone like me who would have moved out that instant! Ha!
I am really proud of you for two reasons:
1. You are doing amazing at your job and I think it is remarkable that you studied so hard and passed all your tests on the first try. You can do anything you really set your mind to.
2. You updated your blog!!!! Even more amazing.
One final note---PLEASE never end any conversation, letter, blog or any other form of speech with WORD! :)
Love you!
I would have been creeped out to and run out of the house screaming and never returned. And this is for Amber.... Word.
I am puzzled for three reasons:
1. Seriously, 3 months?
2. What are in "books" anyway? This makes me grateful that I don't read because no ghost thing is ever going to try to pull this kind of FREAK thingy on me!!! I might have to get rid of all the books in the house and my son will never learn to read, but it would be worth it to never never have anything like this happen!!!
3. Why do you still live there? GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!!!
Oh my gosh. I would have been terrified. Kudos to you for just playing along. Honestly though that is REALLY weird.
Post a Comment