Friday, December 01, 2006

Pretty Little Things.

Congratulations to me!! On Friday I was pulled into the confrence room at work and was officially offered the position. Of course I accepted. I am officially an employee starting December 29th and with that comes a lot of perks. I will be recieving a huge raise, health, dental and vision insurance and a hundred dollar bonus. Needless to say I am very excited. I called and told Mike about it on my break, he was very proud of me. So I went about my business and other than a duck being shot by an arrow on the greenbelt, my day went on as usual. Until around three, when I got an email to go to the front desk. So I went and what did I find? The most gorgeous boquet of flowers waiting for me. They were from Mike as a congratulations gift. So I got to strut around my office for the rest of the day will all of the girls oohh-ing and ahh-ing about my husband who is "so on top of things". I am very fortunate to have such a loving husband who cares about me and takes care of me.

Here are pics of my flowers. They have daisies, carnations, white roses, stargazer lilies (which are my favorite) and then Christmas berries and pine leaves and sruce leaves. It has the most beautiful aroma.


So pretty. I loved it, and all the attention I got from receiving flowers at work. We all know, I love attention. :)

I set up my Christmas decorations last weekend. They are the same as last year, but last year I didn't have a blog to share them with all of you. So, I have some pics of them with and without the lights on so you get the entire effect. I love Christmas. I love the lights and the gifts and the decorations and the family and the cooking and the snow but most of all I love the smells that are associated with Christmas. I get very excited and am esspecially excited this year, as it is my first year having Christmas and being married. In the past Mike and I always have spent the holidays with each other but mostly with our own families. This year, we are starting our own traditions and will probably go see our own families together but it will be more of our holiday. I am very excited.

Our fireplace with buddah all lit up. I really like the garland, its a little scrappy but what do you expect? I made it.


We re-arranged the living room and put the fainting couch by the window. The tree fits nicely right there. Our space gets a little tight with all of our furniture but I like it. Its our style.


Close up of the tree. I know the strings of beads are a little askew but once again what do you expect?

And my favorite part........

All Lite Up! A little blury but you get the effect.


Yay!!!


I will be anxiously awaiting everyone elses decoration pics. Merry Christmas all!!


5 comments:

kc and k said...

Oh soo pretty! Yeah for Christmas decorations, promotions and good thoughtful husbands! You are one lucky lady!

Samantha said...

Cute! I love Christmas too. It's a little weird this year, being in Japan...but they do have decorations and stuff, and it's looking pretty Christmas-y, just not quite like it is at home, obviously. I want to post pics of our apt but we didn't bring Xmas decor so it's a bit weak, oh well. Anyway YOUR apartment looks so cute! Good job!

BrookandDBeckham said...

The flowers were so pretty and your house looks very nice. I need to get my christmas stuff up. I feel behind!!

Amber Irvine said...

Kudos to a good husband and congratulations on the promotion. Your apartment looks very festive and happy! You are becoming domestic!

Dirt said...

Mike, you are making all of us other husbands look bad!!!