Little Jen and Izzy. I think I am the only one who calls Isabelle, Izzy. I think it's cute though. And easier to type.
This is me at the Cactus, more on this later. Like I said, the pix are mixed.... Please note the color coordination between my lipstick, nailpolish and drink. Very clever, I know!
Of course, I took a self portrait before going out. Hey, It's like tradition now.
Any way, back to breakfast... Here is a pic of all of us at Z. I always love getting together with Diane. She is such a special woman and I feel lucky to have met her. And to be able to still keep in touch with her.
Later Saturday night, Jen Kelli and I met up for dinner at Mai Tai. I was kind of skeptical because I had only had drinks their before, but the food was fabulous. We had the privilege of sitting at one of the tables that are in the window. So everyone on the street could see us eating. Probably because we are all hot. After dinner we decided to go and get a drink at the Cactus.
Jen told the bar tender that she wanted something with coffee and kalua in it. First of all, it took about 15 minutes and then when she did get the drink, it was just black coffee with maybe a little sugar in it. And it tasted like it had sat in the pot for a week and then they just warmed it up. Gross! So I bought her a different drink and we learned a valuable lesson. Leave ordering coffee to the coffee houses.
After the Cactus. We went over to the Eleven 11 show which Kelli's husband Jeremy was in and actually helped plan. Very cool. Ta showed up with Aitor and we saw Mike R. their too.
I was so excited to see Ta. We had been trying to get a hold of her to join us and wasn't able to. I am glad that she just got the 8 messages and decided to come.
Here I am with the man of the hour, as one of the featured artists, Jeremy Webster! I am always just stunned everytime I see his work. It is just amazing. Not only are his paintings pleasing to the eye, they are so intelligent and there just seems to be so much emotion in each piece. I don't know how he does it. I will buy one of his paintings at some point when I have the money. I would be so honored and proud to have one of my friends art work in my home.
I was very impressed with the show over all. There were eleven artists (I think) and most of them I would have purchased from. If I had hundreds of dollars just to spend that is. They had a flying trapeze artist come who was awesome. She is from Switzerland I think, about 5'2 and can move her limbs in ways you really think that no one should be able to. But there it was. I tried to get a pic but couldn't due to the crowd.
They had this car in the center of the gallery that all of the featured artists added something to. And yes, it was for sale too. Over all it was a killer night. I had so much fun hanging with the girls and doing something fun. I was very glad to be able to see so much of Jen, I miss her! Props to everyone who put so much hard work into the show it was a total success in my eyes and I loved to be able to see all of the local artists work. I must say that I am a little jealous of Kelli to be surrounded by such amazing art all the time.
So in a quick summary: I had a killer weekend with my friends.
2 comments:
Very SOHO of you! Looks like it was a fun night. I really appreciate art so I think it sounds fun to go to local art shows. Props for supporting the locals!!!
I like the color-coordinating thing! You always look so good!
Post a Comment