I don't like being a temp. I haven't ever been one before and it's a little weird because I interviewed and was hired just like a regular job, but after I was hired I had to go sign up with a temp agency. I know they just do it to weed out the people who wouldn't like that kind of work. They have already gone through two other temps since I started five weeks ago. So I see their logic. But it just feels a little weird to know that you aren't really employed by your employer. I know that I will be hired on though, by Jan. 1st I think. They seem to like me and I like what I do there and all the people I work with. Everyone is really cool. This job is so different from anything that I have ever done before, I am really excited to learn more and work my way up in the company, which I know is a possability. Enough about work though.
Jenny May is schedualed to arrive tonight. I am so happy to see her and baby Isabelle. We have plans this weekend so I will be sure to take pics for you all to see.
So, in addition to Mike and I's growing "electronics" we have purchased first and foremost: cable. For those of you that know us, we haven't had TV for two and a half years. Well, we had a TV just one that only played videos and movies. We didn't even get local channels. So we decided to go ahead and watch television again. Let's just say that neither one of us has left the living room all week except to go to work. And it is even the kind with Tivo and everything. I feel so fancy.
We also bought a record player. I posted pics. I know I am a total nerd. Bear with me.
I went to the guitar center and told the clerk that I wanted to see their selection of record players. To his dismay, he informed me that they "are no longer called record players, they are now called Turn Tables." I said that I did not want to make or mix music, I just wanted to listen to music that was already made. So that guy got someone else to help me.... Ok by me.
I then went to the record exchange and bought my first very own record. (I have quite a few records, 50 to 100 or so, but they are all hand me downs from my dad.) Good thing we like the same kind of music! Anyway, I purchased Death Cab for Cutie: Plans. Partly because I love the band. Partly because it has the song that Mikey and I danced to on our wedding day. So, sort of cheesy but whatever. I thought it was cool.
Another angle of the "turn table" because I know you all are so interested.
2 comments:
Very fancy TURN TABLE! I thought that is only what you called the record players that were used for mixing and such. Way to get us informed. Congrats on the cable. You and Mike are getting so fancy and grown up! :)
Seriously, I am glad you are liking your job and don't worry about the temp status. It is only really a label and one that you will lose soon. Another way to go on the grown up job!
That was the longest blog ever!!
Post a Comment