It was last Sunday. I didn't want to do much. I didn't even want to leave the house. So I didn't. While Michael played video games, I drew on my folder. I have always wanted to learn how to draw Japanese or Chinese style dragons, so I did a little research so that I would know what they looked like, and sat down and drew. And drew, and drew.
About seven hours, and a horrible hand cramp later, this is what I came up with.
I think that it is hard to see all the detail, but everything (including each individual scale) is outlined by gold. I think that it turned out rather well and I am very proud of it. Looking back now, there are some things that I will probably change in the future, but over all I think it looks pretty freakin' cool.
Here is a close up of the top half. Everyone at work was very impressed. They wrote a side note in the daily meeting notes that everyone should stop by my desk to take a look. One of my friends, Luke even asked if I would draw a koi fish on his folder for him. I did that, and it didn't take nearly as long. I wish I would have taken a picture of that one too. Oh well.
Here is a close up of the bottom half. After I showed Mike he was all, "I use four folders at my work. Will you decorate them too?" I thought it was funny and agreed. Although I have not started on them as of yet. I will post pics of those when they are all done. Then I thought, man, I should charge for this!
This week is Spring Break. Marti and Jenny went to Seattle to celebrate Jenny graduating from BSU this spring. While they are away, Mike and I are dog sitting her baby pug Loo Loo. I don't know exactly how old she is but I would guess around 6 or 7 months. She is sooo cute. We picked her up last night and she was crazy hyper. Mike thought it would be a good idea to let her loose to explore her new surroundings and to get used to the smells. Not a bad idea, until we had to chase her around our cars in the parking lot trying to catch her again. How would that be? Um Marti we lost your dog on the first night we had her. Needless to say, I am glad that that wasn't the case.
This is Loo Loo. We have to dress her. I know, it is a little Paris Hilton, but it really is important. She gets so cold she will just shake and look miserable. All the clothes that Marti has for her, which include two sweaters, a polo t-shirt, and a raincoat, are all pink. My goal is to find her something that one, isn't pink and two, looks cool. She slept in our bed last night. Some of you reading this might think that is gross, but I don't. She was so snuggly. The only down side is she is a snorer. Or in the words of Bob and Tom: "Pugs snore like a passed out drunk trucker." I thought that was funny and accurate.
Mike getting cozy with Loo Loo by the fire. So cute.
As most of you probably know from reading Amber's blog, we babysat Ella last Saturday. It was a very interesting experience. We took her to breakfast and then to the park. She enjoyed that.
Here is Mike giving her a "horsey ride". I was surprised that she took to him as well as she did. He hasn't seen her that much. Her right shoe wouldn't stay on her foot for the life of me. So we finally just decided to leave it off. It was a really weird experience to be in public with Mike and a baby since everyone just automatically assumes that you are the parents. I definitely got a taste of what it would be like.



4 comments:
Babies admittedly are a lot of work but so are puppies and babies grow up and become children and then adults, who could (bonus)very possibly take care of you when you are old. Puppies become Dogs that are no longer cute---continue to smell and shed and never write you cute little Mommy loves me cards for holidays! Have a baby! :) Ella needs cousins to play with and you and Mike will be great parents.
Wow, puppy and a baby...you guys look like a pretty big happy family! j/k. First off, i can't get over your hair. I just want my hair to be exactly like yours. I cant believe how long and pretty it is, and the bangs just looks awesome. And very impressed with your drawing! And i agree with amber, like always, HAVE A BABY! Isabelle needs a friend! I can't wait to move there...just a couple of months! and i really hope i get hooked up with a job at your work cuz it would work out really well financially...i am getting really excited. I actually started packing yesterday (stuff like photo albums and what not that i dont needs out). :)
oh, and the bike im not sure where i got it. Brians mom ordered it for her, so i can ask her. It is way cool. It has a little foot rest right now, then those fold up and she can actually use the petals when she gets older. Plus it has a long handle on the back so i can direct and push..plus a little seat belt and support thing around the seat...and then when she's old enough it all comes off and becomes a tricycle for her...so its very convenient and grows with her...every baby needs one so ill ask bonnie where she got it!
pedal not flower petal ha
Post a Comment