Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Poor, Poor Pumpkins :(

So, Mike and I had the great idea to keep our pumpkins inside so that they wouldn't get smashed. We put them on top of the fire place to make it "eerie". Well let's just say that the next night I went to light them and they were completely rotten inside. I am not talking about just a little rotten, I am talking about when you open the lid and a mushroom cloud of mold dust explodes all over. So, although the pumpkin carving was fun, they had a short lived life and ended up in the dumpster. Lesson: Don't put carved pumpkins above a really hot fireplace.

Grand-dad (Mike's) had a heart attack a few days ago. We are still waiting to hear how he is doing. He can't go into surgery yet due to low platelette levels. We might try to fly down to Denver to be with him and Mimi. So everyone send good thoughts that he will be ok.

On a lighter note, Work is going well. We are having a halloween costume contest. I am going as an archeologist. We bought a straw "archeologist" bucket hat, some thin round glasses and a thin black mustache. Later in the day I saw this really cute dress that I thought would go perfect. I will also wear my brown cowboy boots with a mini shovel and a little paintbrush for accents. I didn't realize until I tried it all on together that apperently I will be the cross-dressing archeologist. The mustache and the dress don't really "go" together. Probably not work approriate either. So the mustache will have to go. I will post pics for that a little closer to Halloween.

I went to breakfast this morning with one of my old customers and really good friends, Diane. I felt so bad that I wasn't able to tell her that I was quiting Zeppole due to the fact that she was in Yellowstone. So when I finally ran across her phone number I was so excited to call and meet with her so we could catch up. Needless to say we had a fantastic morning and plan to get together once a month. She is just the sweetest woman, I would feel so bad if I had lost contact with her just because I changed jobs. So I am very happy that this wasn't the case.

I think that is pretty much it since my last posting. I promise that the next one will have some pics!

5 comments:

Amber Irvine said...

Strange that your pumpkins rotted over night! That seems really unusual. Hmmm??? Curious.

Sorry about Mike's grandpa. I am sending good thoughts his way.

BrookandDBeckham said...

Tell Mike that we will keep his family in our prayers. I hope he starts to get better so that he can have his surgery.

jennyandisabelle said...

hey that sucks about your pumpkin and mikes g-pa. i am commin to town because brians parents booked a flight cuz they want to see her. i was going to bring her thanksgiving but its too expensive i guess...which sucks cuz i wanted to go to the xmas tree festival. Im not doing it for brian but for his parents and derek...brian is way depressed about everything and says his life sucks and said he's droppin out of grad school...i have no clue what is going on with him.

Samantha said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I read yours too! Keep 'em comin. But you know you can't really be a sucessful blogger with so few pictures.

kc and k said...

Rest in peace, little pumkins. You had a good life knowing you were so loved and brought so much joy.

We're thinking of Mike and his grandpa also. I hope everything works out.